Follow the big stories as they happen, minute by minute and tweet by tweet.
Michael Gove is moved from education and William Hague quits as foreign secretary, in the final Conservative reshuffle ahead of next year’s general election. The main points -
- William Hague quits as foreign secretary and is replaced by former defence secretary Philip Hammond
- Nicky Morgan replaces Michael Gove as education secretary
- Michael Gove becomes Commons chief whip
- Michael Fallon becomes the defence secretary
- Liz Truss is secretary of state for environment, food and rural affairs
- Esther McVey remains minister for employment and disabilities
- Greg Clark becomes minister of state for universities
- Lord Hill is the prime minister’s nomination for European commissioner
- Stephen Crabb is appointed secretary of state for Wales
- Baroness Tina Stowell is the new leader of the House of Lords
Follow Channel 4 News’s pictures on Instagram as our presenters, reporters and producers travel the country and the world to get the news. Follow @channel4news on Twitter Check out the c4news
Channel 4 News comes to you for a week of pop-up shows, travelling from Cornwall to Edinburgh to see how real the economic recovery really is. Today we’re in Edinburgh!
Latest tweets, pictures, video and analysis from Channel 4 News at the local elections 2013.
Britain’s first and only female prime minister Margaret Thatcher has died aged 87. Get all the news, reaction and analysis here from the Channel 4 News team of experts.
Live updates on budget 2013 – with analysis from Economics Editor Faisal Islam and Simon Wagman from Blick Rothenberg, accounting and tax specialists.
Latest tweets from Political Correspondent Michael Crick in Eastleigh – plus news, views, video and analysis.
Did the Paralympics make any difference to the daily lives of disabled people – or in attitudes to disability? Join the debate with our live blog.
Team GB’s athletes have won: 29 gold medals, 16 silver and 19 bronze. Britain has finished third in the overall Olympic standings.
• Ed McKeever wins Gold in 200m Canoe Sprint • Team GB wins bronze in women’s hockey • Anthony Ogogo loses boxing semi-final • Shanaze Reade qualifies for BMX final • Lutalo